Pretoria Car Rental
When you hire a car through Drive South Africa Pretoria car rental you are assured of professional service and excellent car rental value. Drive South Africa has been in the business of putting visitors and locals in Pretoria hire cars since 2002.
Pretoria Car Rental Options
Drive South Africa is a specialist car hire company we offer a wide range of Pretoria rental vehicles sourced from our national network of reputable car rental companies, catering for all budgets and preferences, from the high-end Pretoria luxury car hire to budget car rental. Pretoria car hire options also cater to long-term car rental customers, and monthly car hire customers.
As an established and reputable car hire company we only provide late model, low mileage car rental. Our easy to use online service helps you tailor the best car rental package to suit your individual needs and Pretoria car rental budget. Our car rentals offer several options for limited kms, unlimited mileage, and multiple drop-off locations making the return of your Pretoria hire car a simple process anywhere in South Africa.
Drive South Africa Online Car Hire Pretoria Booking System
Our easy to use online booking service makes reserving your car hire Pretoria vehicle a simple and hassle free process. The car rental reservation is booked by Drive South Africa on your behalf through one of our national car rental affiliates. Our affiliates are some of South Africa’s largest car rental companies, securing you nationwide roadside assistance and after sales service, an extensive range of Pretoria rental cars, and numerous branches located throughout South Africa. Car rental in Pretoria through Drive South Africa ensures its customers receive a professional and prompt service covering roadside assistance, customer service and breakdown.
[Photo by: Gravitywave]
Pretoria Car Hire Insurance
Drive South Africa offers its customers with a variety of options to insure your Pretoria car hire. All our rental cars come with the either standard cover car rental insurance or super cover car rental insurance. Most of our Pretoria hire cars have an additional max car rental insurance policy. Car rental with no insurance excess is available on our most popular rental car models.
Car Hire - Pretoria Requirements
In order to qualify for car hire, Pretoria branches require you to filful the following:
- You will need to be 23 years or older.
- You will need to have been in possession of a driver's license for more than 2 years.
- You need a credit card to book your online car hire. Pretoria accepts debit card paying options, but only when renting specific vehicles.
Car Rental - Pretoria Convenience
Just 50km from Johannesburg lies Pretoria, contained within the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pretoria has an excellent road network providing routes to anywhere in South Africa via five adjoining highways (N1, N3, N4, N12, N14) and within easy reach of Lanseria Airport (HLA) and Johannesburg Airport (JNB). Car rental in Pretoria offers a visitor the independent freedom to navigate the city and the Highveld at their own pace, and with rental car return available in all major cities, and most towns, you are able to travel with a flexible itinerary. Drive South Africa has made special arrangements to allow you to cross into the following countries in your car hire Pretoria vehicle.
Please check if any restrictions apply to your Pretoria car rental crossing these borders.
Pretoria Car Hire Best Prices
We continuously compare car rental prices against other car rental companies to ensure we bring you the cheapest Pretoria car hire available, we’ve got a Pretoria vacation car to suit your budget. Whether you prefer high-end luxury car rental in Pretoria, or cheap car hire, Pretoria is a city where independent mobility gives you the freedom to explore, and we’ve got the vehicle for your Pretoria holiday.
Car Hire in Pretoria, South Africa: Valuable Driving Information
- It is the law to drive on the left hand side of the road.
- It is illegal to talk on your cell phone whilst driving.
- You have to wear a seatbelt at all times.
- The legal driving age is 18.
- It is not only illegal and dangerous to drink and drive, but car rental companies in South Africa (including car rental Pretoria) do not offer insurance that can offer coverage in the event of a car accident.
- While driving keep to the left hand lane and pass on the right.
- Driving with your headlights on during the day makes you more visible to other drivers.
- National roads in South Africa have petrol stations, or garages, with restaurants, restrooms and shops. Useful for taking breaks on long journeys.
- Check vehicle at the start of each day that it has enough oil and water, and that all lights and indicators are functional and the tyre pressure is adequate.
- Keep safe following distances.
- Do not speed.
- Speed limits on South Africa roads (unless otherwise indicated):
- Urban roads - 60 km per hour.
- Provincial Roads - 60 - 80 km per hour.
- National Roads - 100 - 120 km per hour.
- Fuel prices are government regulated, meaning they are roughly the same price at all petrol stations.
- Petrol attendants provide Service at petrol stations. While tipping is customary, it is at your discretion.
- Use the Drive South Africa distance calculator mapping your route from Pretoria if you're unfamiliar with the directions.
Attractions in and around Tshwane from your Car Rental Pretoria
- Sun City: a couple of hours drive north west of Pretoria on good roads lies one of South Africa’s most famous attractions, Sun City. Boasting luxury hotels, the impressive Lost City, a wealth of casinos and live shows, and host to the Nedbank 1.2 million Dollar Golf Tournament, Sun City offers something for everyone.
- Pilanesberg Game Reserve: bordering Sun City, this game reserve hosts the Big 5 and a large variety of animals and birds. Expansive landscapes and breath taking views compliment the serenity provided by the African bush. Good roads mean you can enjoy a self-drive adventure just outside of Pretoria.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine: About 30km east of Pretoria lies the 100-year old quaint village. The village is home to the famous mine that produced three of the biggest diamonds ever found.
- Cradle of Mankind and the Sterkfontein Caves: This world heritage site of the outskirts of Johannesburg, 50km away, guides visitors through the history of mankind’s evolution.
- Lesedi Cultural Village: On the outskirts of Johannesburg, Lesedi offers a glimpse of traditional culture, featuring four different tribal homesteads. Visitors experience culture through dance, crafts and meals. Overnight stays are possible.
- Gold Reef City: a reconstructed mining village on the outskirts of Johannesburg, 50km from Pretoria, recreating the atmosphere of the gold rush era. Attractions include a descent down an old mine shaft, gold pouring, a theme park and fun rides.
Please check our website for discount car rental Pretoria specials as well as our Pretoria airport car rental deals, long-term car rental rate and our Pretoria monthly car rental rate.
What is the food like whilst travelling the roads of South Africa?
Many of the routes you will be travelling will be inundated by fast food chains at petrol stations. However there are also a number of farm stalls and small boutique and family owned roadside restaurants to wet your appetite, you’ll just have to look a little harder for these.
How do you calculate rental days for car rental?
Car hire suppliers work on a 24 hour time period from the time of collection to calculate your rental “days”. If you rent from Friday 09:00am to Saturday 09:00am it is considered one day. If you rent from Friday 09:00am to Saturday 11:00am you have passed 24 hours and will pay for a second rental day. No grace period is granted when a rental vehicle is returned late.
What is it like travelling by train in South Africa?
Travel by train in South Africa isn’t at connected as certain countries in Europe or Asia, however what it doesn’t have in options it makes up for in style, comfort and affordability. The newly developed Gautrain service has brought South Africa into the limelight with a world class facility and there are still many options in luxury travel for longer distances.
Does South Africa have any decent galleries or museums?
Due to South Africa’s extensive history and diverse culture there is a wealth of museums and art galleries to enjoy all over the country. Check out this rough museum guide here.
Wouldn’t I get a better rental rate if I go directly to the car rental supplier?
Drive South Africa has negotiated discounted rates from all the major suppliers due to our buying power. We are, therefore, able to offer an exceptionally good rate to the consumer along with excellent service and a simple booking process.
If you’re planning a Namibia self-drive safari, then the Etosha National Park should be right at the top of your travel bucket-list. Game viewing in Etosha National Park is excellent. Travellers may see wildlife such as elephant,…Ashley Kleinhans Vic Falls safari in pictures [Traveller story]
Meet Ashley Kleinhans from Pretoria, South Africa. Ashley took a Zimbabwe 4x4 road trip with six family and friends to see the Victoria Falls in August last year. They travelled through Botswana and Zambia in a Toyota Landcruiser and…4x4 Trails in South Africa
These top 4x4 trails in South Africa offer 4x4 beginners and experienced drivers something to write home about. These South African trails give you the opportunity to get your teeth stuck into challenging obstacles, or simply keep your…
Use the dropdowns on the left to select where you'll be picking up and dropping off your vehicle.
Make sure the dates above are correct for your rental period.