Johannesburg Car Hire
Car Hire Johannesburg South Africa
Professional Service and excellent car rental (Johannesburg, South Africa) value provided by Drive South Africa Johannesburg car hire gives you the liberty to explore Johannesburg and its surroundings at you own pace and in your own time.
Johannesburg Car Rental Options
Drive South Africa is a specialist car hire company, catering to local and international clients. We offer a wide range of Johannesburg rental vehicles, luxury car hire and SUVs sourced from an extensive national network of internationally reputable car hire companies. Our complete range of Johannesburg rental cars ensures we are able to cater to all budgets and tastes, from Johannesburg luxury car rentals to the cheap Johannesburg car hire Johannesburg market. We also offer cheap long-term car hire in Johannesburg South Africa. Car rentals Johannesburg South Africa can be hastle-free with Drive South Africa.
As a trusted and established car hire company, Drive South Africa only provides late model, low mileage car rentals Johannesburg South Africa. Johannesburg is a car city, and Drive South Africa’s wide range of choices will help you tailor the best car rental Johannesburg package to suit your car rental Johannesburg South Africa budget. We offer several mileage options, including limited and unlimited kilometer options and multiple drop-off locations making it easy to return your Johannesburg hire car anywhere in South Africa. Car Hire in Johannesburg South Africa should not cause you headaches. With Drives South Africa renting a car could be as easy as pie.
Drive South Africa's Online Johannesburg Car Hire Booking System
Our easy to use online reservation service makes booking your car hire in Johannesburg South Africa simple and efficient. The vehicle reservation is made on your behalf through one of our national car rental affiliates. Our affiliates are some of South Africa’s largest car rental companies, securing you nationwide roadside assistance and after sales service, as well as a complete range of Johannesburg rental cars to choose from, with branches located throughout South Africa. Car rentals Johannesburg South Africa through Drive South Africa ensures its customers receive a prompt and professional service covering breakdown, roadside assistance and customer service.
Johannesburg Car Rental Insurance
Drive South Africa provides its customers with a variety of insurance packages to cover your Johannesburg car rental. All our cars come with the option of either super cover car rental insurance or standard cover car rental insurance, most of our Johannesburg lease cars also have a max car rental insurance policy. A rental car with no insurance excess is available on our most popular vehicles.
Johannesburg Car Rental Conveinience
Johannesburg is in proximity to several excellent attractions, although a large portion of South Africa’s aesthetic wealth is dispersed throughout the country. Visitors often prefer to either begin or end their journey at O.R. Tambo airport in Johannesburg. Car hire in Johannesburg South Africa through Drive South Africa allows visitors to drive the rental car one way, either collecting a car rental from Johannesburg Airport or retuning one to the car rental depot at Johannesburg Airport. Car rental companies associated with Drive South Africa have multiple drop-off depots throughout South Africa, rental car return is available in most major towns and cities. By special arrangement, Drive South Africa allows you to cross into the following neighbouring countries in your Johannesburg car hire:
Please check if any restrictions apply to your Johannesburg car rental when crossing these borders.
Car Rentals Johannesburg South Africa Best Prices
We actively compare car rental prices against other car rental companies to bring you the cheapest Johannesburg car hire Johannesburg available. Drive South Africa has been providing African explorers with rental cars since 2002, we’ve got a Johannesburg vacation car to suit your budget. Whether you are after a high-end luxury car rental in Johannesburg, or cheap car hire, Johannesburg South Africa is a city where you want to be independently mobile and we’ve got the vehicle for your Johannesburg holiday.
Valuable tips for Driving in South Africa
- Road users drive on the left hand side of the road
- It is against the law to use a cell phone on the road
- It is complusary to use a seatbelt
- No drivers under the age of 18
- No drinking and driving
- Always keep left and pass only on the right
- Make sure you are visible to others by turning on you head lights at all times
- The national roads in SA all have petrol stations and other basic amenties.
- Check regularly if there is sufficient oil and water, and that all lights and indicators are functional and the tyre pressure is adequate.
- Always maintain a safe following distance
- Do not exceed the speed limit
- These are:
- Urban roads - 60 km per hour
- Provincial Roads - 60 - 80 km per hour
- National Roads - 100 - 120 km per hour
- Fuel prices are government regulated, meaning they are roughly the same price at all petrol stations.
- Tipping attendants is customary, but at your discretion.
Activities in Johannesburg from your Jo’burg Rental Car
- Sun City: a couple of hours drive north west of Jo’burg on good roads lies one of South Africa’s most famous attractions, Sun City. Boasting luxury hotels, the impressive Lost City, a wealth of casinos and live shows, and host to the Nedbank 1.2 million dollar golf tournament, Sun City offers something for everyone.
- Pilanesberg Game Reserve: an easy 2-hour drive from Jo’burg, this game reserve hosts the Big 5 and a large variety of animals and birds. Expansive landscapes and breath taking views compliment the serenity provided by the African bush. Good roads mean you can drive throughout the park in 2-wheel drive, 4x4 or luxury rental cars.
- Cradle of Humankind and the Sterkfontein Caves: This world heritage site of the outskirts of Johannesburg guides visitors through the history of Humankind’s evolution.
- Lesedi Cultural Village: On the outskirts of Johannesburg, Lesedi offers a glimpse of traditional culture, featuring four different tribal homesteads. Visitors experience culture through dance, crafts and meals. Overnight stays are possible.
- Gold Reef City: a reconstructed mining village on the outskirts of Johannesburg, recreating the atmosphere of the gold rush era. Attractions include a decent down an old mine shaft, gold pouring, a theme park and fun rides.
- Randburg Waterfront: An entertainment complex around a man made lake, hosting cinemas, restaurants, shops and a bungee jump.
Please check our website for discount car rental Johannesburg South Africa as well as car rental Cape Town specials as well as our Johannesburg Airport car rental deals, Johannesburg long-term car rental rate and our monthly car rentals Johannesburg South Africa rate.Related articles:
Use the dropdowns on the left to select where you'll be picking up and dropping off your vehicle.
Make sure the dates above are correct for your rental period.