Car Hire Johannesburg South Africa
Professional Service and excellent car rental (Johannesburg, South Africa) value provided by Drive South Africa Johannesburg car hire gives you the liberty to explore Johannesburg and its surroundings at you own pace and in your own time.
Johannesburg Car Rental Options
Drive South Africa is a specialist car hire company, catering to local and international clients. We offer a wide range of Johannesburg rental vehicles, luxury car hire and SUVs sourced from an extensive national network of internationally reputable car hire companies. Our complete range of Johannesburg rental cars ensures we are able to cater to all budgets and tastes, from Johannesburg luxury car rentals to the cheap Johannesburg car hire Johannesburg market. We also offer cheap long-term car hire in Johannesburg South Africa. Car rentals Johannesburg South Africa can be hastle-free with Drive South Africa.
As a trusted and established car hire company, Drive South Africa only provides late model, low mileage car rentals Johannesburg South Africa. Johannesburg is a car city, and Drive South Africa’s wide range of choices will help you tailor the best car rental Johannesburg package to suit your car rental Johannesburg South Africa budget. We offer several mileage options, including limited and unlimited kilometer options and multiple drop-off locations making it easy to return your Johannesburg hire car anywhere in South Africa. Car Hire in Johannesburg South Africa should not cause you headaches. With Drives South Africa renting a car could be as easy as pie.
Drive South Africa's Online Johannesburg Car Hire Booking System
Our easy to use online reservation service makes booking your car hire in Johannesburg South Africa simple and efficient. The vehicle reservation is made on your behalf through one of our national car rental affiliates. Our affiliates are some of South Africa’s largest car rental companies, securing you nationwide roadside assistance and after sales service, as well as a complete range of Johannesburg rental cars to choose from, with branches located throughout South Africa. Car rentals Johannesburg South Africa through Drive South Africa ensures its customers receive a prompt and professional service covering breakdown, roadside assistance and customer service.
Johannesburg Car Rental Insurance
Drive South Africa provides its customers with a variety of insurance packages to cover your Johannesburg car rental. All our cars come with the option of either super cover car rental insurance or standard cover car rental insurance, most of our Johannesburg lease cars also have a max car rental insurance policy. A rental car with no insurance excess is available on our most popular vehicles.
Johannesburg Car Rental Conveinience
Johannesburg is in proximity to several excellent attractions, although a large portion of South Africa’s aesthetic wealth is dispersed throughout the country. Visitors often prefer to either begin or end their journey at O.R. Tambo airport in Johannesburg. Car hire in Johannesburg South Africa through Drive South Africa allows visitors to drive the rental car one way, either collecting a car rental from Johannesburg Airport or retuning one to the car rental depot at Johannesburg Airport. Car rental companies associated with Drive South Africa have multiple drop-off depots throughout South Africa, rental car return is available in most major towns and cities. By special arrangement, Drive South Africa allows you to cross into the following neighbouring countries in your Johannesburg car hire:
Please check if any restrictions apply to your Johannesburg car rental when crossing these borders.
Car Rentals Johannesburg South Africa Best Prices
We actively compare car rental prices against other car rental companies to bring you the cheapest Johannesburg car hire Johannesburg available. Drive South Africa has been providing African explorers with rental cars since 2002, we’ve got a Johannesburg vacation car to suit your budget. Whether you are after a high-end luxury car rental in Johannesburg, or cheap car hire, Johannesburg South Africa is a city where you want to be independently mobile and we’ve got the vehicle for your Johannesburg holiday.
Valuable tips for Driving in South Africa
- Road users drive on the left hand side of the road
- It is against the law to use a cell phone on the road
- It is complusary to use a seatbelt
- No drivers under the age of 18
- No drinking and driving
- Always keep left and pass only on the right
- Make sure you are visible to others by turning on you head lights at all times
- The national roads in SA all have petrol stations and other basic amenties.
- Check regularly if there is sufficient oil and water, and that all lights and indicators are functional and the tyre pressure is adequate.
- Always maintain a safe following distance
- Do not exceed the speed limit
- These are:
- Urban roads - 60 km per hour
- Provincial Roads - 60 - 80 km per hour
- National Roads - 100 - 120 km per hour
- Fuel prices are government regulated, meaning they are roughly the same price at all petrol stations.
- Tipping attendants is customary, but at your discretion.
Activities in Johannesburg from your Jo’burg Rental Car
- Sun City: a couple of hours drive north west of Jo’burg on good roads lies one of South Africa’s most famous attractions, Sun City. Boasting luxury hotels, the impressive Lost City, a wealth of casinos and live shows, and host to the Nedbank 1.2 million dollar golf tournament, Sun City offers something for everyone.
- Pilanesberg Game Reserve: an easy 2-hour drive from Jo’burg, this game reserve hosts the Big 5 and a large variety of animals and birds. Expansive landscapes and breath taking views compliment the serenity provided by the African bush. Good roads mean you can drive throughout the park in 2-wheel drive, 4x4 or luxury rental cars.
- Cradle of Humankind and the Sterkfontein Caves: This world heritage site of the outskirts of Johannesburg guides visitors through the history of Humankind’s evolution.
- Lesedi Cultural Village: On the outskirts of Johannesburg, Lesedi offers a glimpse of traditional culture, featuring four different tribal homesteads. Visitors experience culture through dance, crafts and meals. Overnight stays are possible.
- Gold Reef City: a reconstructed mining village on the outskirts of Johannesburg, recreating the atmosphere of the gold rush era. Attractions include a decent down an old mine shaft, gold pouring, a theme park and fun rides.
- Randburg Waterfront: An entertainment complex around a man made lake, hosting cinemas, restaurants, shops and a bungee jump.
Please check our website for discount car rental Johannesburg South Africa as well as car rental Cape Town specials as well as our Johannesburg Airport car rental deals, Johannesburg long-term car rental rate and our monthly car rentals Johannesburg South Africa rate.Related articles:
What is it like travelling by train in South Africa?
Travel by train in South Africa isn’t at connected as certain countries in Europe or Asia, however what it doesn’t have in options it makes up for in style, comfort and affordability. The newly developed Gautrain service has brought South Africa into the limelight with a world class facility and there are still many options in luxury travel for longer distances.
Does South Africa have any decent galleries or museums?
Due to South Africa’s extensive history and diverse culture there is a wealth of museums and art galleries to enjoy all over the country. Check out this rough museum guide here.
Wouldn’t I get a better rental rate if I go directly to the car rental supplier?
Drive South Africa has negotiated discounted rates from all the major suppliers due to our buying power. We are, therefore, able to offer an exceptionally good rate to the consumer along with excellent service and a simple booking process.
Do you offer baby seats with your rental vehicles?
Yes. Please request one at time of reservation to ensure that we have one allocated for you.
This is important over peak season especially when baby seats may be in short supply.
Do you offer vehicles for paraplegics / drivers with disabilities?
Yes. We do offer vehicles for people with certain disabilities. For example - vehicles with automatic transmission, convenient wheel chair access and hand controls.
Please view our range of rental vehicles available or contact us directly if you have very specific driving requirements.
Kruger National Park is one of the largest game reserves in Africa, encompassing almost two million hectares of real African wilderness. Home not only to the famous Big Five – the African elephant, rhino, Cape buffalo, lion and leopard –…4x4 Trails near Johannesburg
Johannesburg is known as the business centre of South Africa. However there are times when you feel the need to escape the urban buzz of the city and venture out into the great outdoors. There are a couple of 4x4 trails near Johannesburg…Conference venues in Johannesburg
Johannesburg is a bustling city brimming with possibilities. There are hundreds of conferences, if it's a relaxed but professional environment you're after, here are some of the best conference venues in Johannesburg, the economical hub of…
Use the dropdowns on the left to select where you'll be picking up and dropping off your vehicle.
Make sure the dates above are correct for your rental period.