Cape Town Car Hire
Cape Town (South Africa) Car Hire provided by Drive South Africa gives you excellent car rental value, professional service and the freedom to explore Cape Town and the Western Cape Province without restrictions.
A specialist car hire in Cape Town South Africa company, Drive South Africa caters to both local and international markets, offering a complete range of rental vehicles supplied by an extensive national network of reputable car hire in Cape Town South Africa companies. Our comprehensive range of Cape Town rental cars accommodate all budgets from luxury town car rentals to cheap long-term car rental and cheap car hire in Cape Town. South Africa Cape Town car rental can be done in just a few easy steps.
Cape Town Car Rental Best Prices
We actively compare town car rental, Cape Town, South Africa, prices against other car rental companies to bring you the cheapest car rental prices available for Cape Town car hire. Drive South Africa has been providing African adventurers with rental cars since 2002, we’ve got a vehicle to suit your Cape Town car rental holiday and your budget. Whether you prefer to see the natural wonder of Cape Town from the comfort of high-end luxury town car rental, Cape Town, South Africa, or decide on a thrifty car hire Cape Town South Africa approach and choose one of our cheap car hire Cape Town rental packages, Drive South Africa has a vehicle to compliment your Cape Town vacation.
Drive South Africa Online Car Hire Booking System
Drive South Africa provides only late model, low mileage vehicles. Booking takes place through Drive South Africa’s easy to use online reservation system. The booking is made on your behalf through one of our national town car rentals affiliates. Our affiliates are some of the largest South African car hire companies, securing you nation-wide after sales service and ensuring that you are covered by their roadside assistance policies wherever you are in Cape Town, the Western Cape or South Africa. Our association with these national rental companies ensures you have access to a wide range of rental cars with a wide range of branches in South Africa. Drive South Africa ensures all of its customers receive prompt and professional service, weather its for breakdown cover, roadside assistance, customer service or friendly advice.
Cape Town Car Rental Options
As a complete online transport provider, Drive South Africa offers its customers a wide range of choices when hiring a car in Cape Town, helping you tailor the best package to suit your Cape Town car hire budget. Choose from several mileage options, including limited and unlimited kilometer options and numerous car hire drop-off locations should you wish to return your Cape Town rental car at a different location.
Cape Town Car Hire Insurance
We also offer our customers a choice of town car rental insurance packages to best suit your needs. All Drive South Africa rental cars come with a choice of either standard cover car rental insurance or super cover car rental insurance, most of our Cape Town car rentals also have the option of max town car rental insurance cover. Rental cars with no insurance excess is offered on our most popular rental vehicles.
[Photo by: Danie van der Merwe]
Cape Town Car Rental Convienience
South Africa is best seen from a car, and in a tourists case, a rental car. Car hire Cape Town is easy with Drive South Africa. If you plan on driving extensively through South Africa you have the convienience of driving the car one way, dropping the vehicle off at one of the many national rental branches, our affiliates have city car rental branches as well as Cape Town airport car rental depots. By special arrangement, Drive South Africa allows you to cross into the following neighbouring countries in you Cape Town hire car, and if necessary return the rental car to a car rental branch in that country:
Driving in South Africa: Points to keep in mind
- Citizens of SA drive on the left hand side of the road at all times
- You may not use your phone without a handset
- You have to wear a seatbelt at all times
- You have to be older than 18 years to drive on your own
- Drinking and driving is strictly prohibited
- Keep on the left side of the lane
- It is always a good idea to turn your headlights on, whether it is during the night or day.
- National roads in South Africa do have petrol stations, also known as garages, with restaurants, restrooms and shops.
- Never leave without checking that your vehicle has enough oil and water, and that all lights and indicators are in a working condition and the tyre pressure is adequate.
- Never drive too close to the vehicle in front of you
- Keep a healthy speed as speed limits on SA roads are:
- Urban roads - 60 km per hour
- Provincial Roads - 60 - 80 km per hour
- National Roads - 100 - 120 km per hour
- Fuel prices are government regulated, meaning they are roughly the same price at all petrol stations.
- Petrol attendants provide fast and efficient service. While tipping is customary, it is at your discretion.
Cape Town Highlights
Cape Town is perhaps most famous for her magnificent backdrop in the form of Table Mountain, the landmark has become an unmistakable icon of the Mother City. With car hire in Cape Town (South Africa) you can discover everything this beautiful place has to offer. Cape Town and her surrounds offer a wealth of beautiful excursions for the tourist and local alike. We’ve listed a few excursions for you to take your Cape Town hire car on:
Best Drives Cape Town – Day Trips
- The route around the Cape Peninsula is heart wrenchingly beautiful and one of the world’s most scenic drives. Begin your drive around the peninsula from the city bowl out towards Muizenberg, following the coast around past Fish Hoek, Simon's Town and on to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. Return via Scarborough, Noordehoek, the spectacular Chapman’s peak drive, before cruising through Hout Bay and onto Victoria Drive. Victoria Drive carries you past Llandudno, Camps Bay, Clifton and onto the V & A Waterfront. Doing the drive this way round ensures maximum sunlight and you’ll be on the closest side of the road to the coast. This excursion can easily occupy an entire day as almost everywhere along the coast is worth stopping, either for food, curiosity or the views.
- Drive out to the Cape Winelands, easily reachable and with a choice of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl you’ll quickly find yourself in enchanting settings, eating scrumptious cuisine and of course tasting world-class wines.
- Drive up the West Coast to Langebaan, Saldanha and the West coast National Park. The West Coast has a contrasting yet equally beautifully rugged coastline, windswept hills and desolate mountains. The drive takes a little over an hour.
- Drive out towards to the Overberg, about 45 minutes outside of Cape Town heading east you’ll be forced to either go over or around the barrier of Mountain Ranges. Heading out over Sir Lowry’s Pass to Hermanus, a popular whale watching site, and head back via the Route 44, a coastal drive in a similar league to Chapman’s Peak Drive.
Discount Car Hire in Cape Town South Africa
Please check our website for discount town car rental Cape Town specials as well as our Cape Town airport car rental deals, Cape Town long-term car rental rates and our Cape Town monthly car rental rates. Make that call to organise town car rental (Cape Town, South Africa).Related articles:
- Cape Town Motorhome Rental
- Cheap Car Rentals options from branches at Cape Town Airport
- Car Hire from Cape Town in South Africa in three easy steps
- Internship in Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town Villas
- Cape Town Property
- Cape Town Highlights
- Fly Cape Town to Livingstone Direct
- Accommodation in Cape Town for the Argus Cycle Tour 14 March 2010
- Cape Town Hotels
Does South Africa have any decent galleries or museums?
Due to South Africa’s extensive history and diverse culture there is a wealth of museums and art galleries to enjoy all over the country. Check out this rough museum guide here.
When is the best time to visit the Karoo National Park?
The Karoo National Park is best visited during late winter, spring and autumn, as the summer months can be uncomfortably warm.
Wouldn’t I get a better rental rate if I go directly to the car rental supplier?
Drive South Africa has negotiated discounted rates from all the major suppliers due to our buying power. We are, therefore, able to offer an exceptionally good rate to the consumer along with excellent service and a simple booking process.
Do you offer baby seats with your rental vehicles?
Yes. Please request one at time of reservation to ensure that we have one allocated for you.
This is important over peak season especially when baby seats may be in short supply.
Do you offer vehicles for paraplegics / drivers with disabilities?
Yes. We do offer vehicles for people with certain disabilities. For example - vehicles with automatic transmission, convenient wheel chair access and hand controls.
Please view our range of rental vehicles available or contact us directly if you have very specific driving requirements.
Every year, thousands of tourists flock to Cape Town to experience the eclectic mix of cultures, it’s history and breathtaking scenery. The city has so much to offer - and the best way to experience it all is to hire a car in Cape…Five museums to visit in Cape Town
Cape Town is a city of vast history. It’s the location where the first Dutch settlers arrived, hence it has aptly been titled ‘The Mother City’ of South Africa. It’s had many facelifts and has shapeshifted over the years into a world class…Hidden Attractions in South Africa
Travellers are often bombarded with ads and messages trying to convince you to "explore azure beaches" on the other side of the world. Many fall for these proposals, without really having explored their own home country and appreciating…
Use the dropdowns on the left to select where you'll be picking up and dropping off your vehicle.
Make sure the dates above are correct for your rental period.