Car Hire Pretoria | Car Rental Pretoria
Leave your details and one of our Car Hire specialists will be in touch
Pretoria Car Rental
When you hire a car through Drive South Africa Pretoria car rental you are assured of professional service and excellent car rental value. Drive South Africa has been in the business of putting visitors and locals in Pretoria hire cars since 2002.
Pretoria Car Rental Options
Drive South Africa is a specialist car hire company we offer a wide range of Pretoria rental vehicles sourced from our national network of reputable car rental companies, catering for all budgets and preferences, from the high-end Pretoria luxury car hire to budget car rental. Pretoria car hire options also cater to long-term car rental customers, and monthly car hire customers.
As an established and reputable car hire company we only provide late model, low mileage car rental. Our easy to use online service helps you tailor the best car rental package to suit your individual needs and Pretoria car rental budget. Our car rentals offer several options for limited kms, unlimited mileage, and multiple drop-off locations making the return of your Pretoria hire car a simple process anywhere in South Africa.
Drive South Africa Online Car Hire Pretoria Booking System
Our easy to use online booking service makes reserving your car hire Pretoria vehicle a simple and hassle free process. The car rental reservation is booked by Drive South Africa on your behalf through one of our national car rental affiliates. Our affiliates are some of South Africa’s largest car rental companies, securing you nationwide roadside assistance and after sales service, an extensive range of Pretoria rental cars, and numerous branches located throughout South Africa. Car rental in Pretoria through Drive South Africa ensures its customers receive a professional and prompt service covering roadside assistance, customer service and breakdown.
[Photo by: Gravitywave]
Pretoria Car Hire Insurance
Drive South Africa offers its customers with a variety of options to insure your Pretoria car hire. All our rental cars come with the either standard cover car rental insurance or super cover car rental insurance. Most of our Pretoria hire cars have an additional max car rental insurance policy. Car rental with no insurance excess is available on our most popular rental car models.
Car Hire - Pretoria Requirements
In order to qualify for car hire, Pretoria branches require you to filful the following:
- You will need to be 23 years or older.
- You will need to have been in possession of a driver's license for more than 2 years.
- You need a credit card to book your online car hire. Pretoria accepts debit card paying options, but only when renting specific vehicles.
Car Rental - Pretoria Convenience
Just 50km from Johannesburg lies Pretoria, contained within the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pretoria has an excellent road network providing routes to anywhere in South Africa via five adjoining highways (N1, N3, N4, N12, N14) and within easy reach of Lanseria Airport (HLA) and Johannesburg Airport (JNB). Car rental in Pretoria offers a visitor the independent freedom to navigate the city and the Highveld at their own pace, and with rental car return available in all major cities, and most towns, you are able to travel with a flexible itinerary. Drive South Africa has made special arrangements to allow you to cross into the following countries in your car hire Pretoria vehicle.
Please check if any restrictions apply to your Pretoria car rental crossing these borders.
Pretoria Car Hire Best Prices
We continuously compare car rental prices against other car rental companies to ensure we bring you the cheapest Pretoria car hire available, we’ve got a Pretoria vacation car to suit your budget. Whether you prefer high-end luxury car rental in Pretoria, or cheap car hire, Pretoria is a city where independent mobility gives you the freedom to explore, and we’ve got the vehicle for your Pretoria holiday.
Car Hire in Pretoria, South Africa: Valuable Driving Information
- It is the law to drive on the left hand side of the road.
- It is illegal to talk on your cell phone whilst driving.
- You have to wear a seatbelt at all times.
- The legal driving age is 18.
- It is not only illegal and dangerous to drink and drive, but car rental companies in South Africa (including car rental Pretoria) do not offer insurance that can offer coverage in the event of a car accident.
- While driving keep to the left hand lane and pass on the right.
- Driving with your headlights on during the day makes you more visible to other drivers.
- National roads in South Africa have petrol stations, or garages, with restaurants, restrooms and shops. Useful for taking breaks on long journeys.
- Check vehicle at the start of each day that it has enough oil and water, and that all lights and indicators are functional and the tyre pressure is adequate.
- Keep safe following distances.
- Do not speed.
- Speed limits on South Africa roads (unless otherwise indicated):
- Urban roads - 60 km per hour.
- Provincial Roads - 60 - 80 km per hour.
- National Roads - 100 - 120 km per hour.
- Fuel prices are government regulated, meaning they are roughly the same price at all petrol stations.
- Petrol attendants provide Service at petrol stations. While tipping is customary, it is at your discretion.
- Use the Drive South Africa distance calculator mapping your route from Pretoria if you're unfamiliar with the directions.
Attractions in and around Tshwane from your Car Rental Pretoria
- Sun City: a couple of hours drive north west of Pretoria on good roads lies one of South Africa’s most famous attractions, Sun City. Boasting luxury hotels, the impressive Lost City, a wealth of casinos and live shows, and host to the Nedbank 1.2 million Dollar Golf Tournament, Sun City offers something for everyone.
- Pilanesberg Game Reserve: bordering Sun City, this game reserve hosts the Big 5 and a large variety of animals and birds. Expansive landscapes and breath taking views compliment the serenity provided by the African bush. Good roads mean you can enjoy a self-drive adventure just outside of Pretoria.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine: About 30km east of Pretoria lies the 100-year old quaint village. The village is home to the famous mine that produced three of the biggest diamonds ever found.
- Cradle of Mankind and the Sterkfontein Caves: This world heritage site of the outskirts of Johannesburg, 50km away, guides visitors through the history of mankind’s evolution.
- Lesedi Cultural Village: On the outskirts of Johannesburg, Lesedi offers a glimpse of traditional culture, featuring four different tribal homesteads. Visitors experience culture through dance, crafts and meals. Overnight stays are possible.
- Gold Reef City: a reconstructed mining village on the outskirts of Johannesburg, 50km from Pretoria, recreating the atmosphere of the gold rush era. Attractions include a descent down an old mine shaft, gold pouring, a theme park and fun rides.
Please check our website for discount car rental Pretoria specials as well as our Pretoria airport car rental deals, long-term car rental rate and our Pretoria monthly car rental rate.